Pages

Thursday, March 08, 2012

Love Means... Family by Andrew Grey made me fall in love with this book!

Love Means... Family (Farm, #7)Title: Love Means... Family
Author: Andrew Grey
Publisher: Dreamspinner Press
Release Date: 23 December 2011
This book was: An ARC from Netgalley

This is the summary off the back of the book.
Four months ago Robert Edward “Arie” Hawkins lost his sister and the rest of her family in a plane crash. Now his parents have decided it’s time for him to marry and carry on the family name. Arie knows it’s most likely the grief talking—especially from his mother, who’s taken to putting more than ice in her iced tea—so to escape Mississippi, Arie calls his best friend, Robbie, and arranges for a visit.

Life is always changing at the Michigan farm where Robbie lives. Owner Geoff Laughton and his partner, Eli, have started a therapeutic riding program and adopted a little boy, creating a family. It’s while feeding Jakey that Arie meets Officer Hunky.

Officer Hunky’s real name is Deputy Duane Keenan, and he has troubles of his own, but not enough to stop him from pursuing Arie. But Duane’s and Arie’s families are pulling them in opposite directions. Trying to build a connection to support their mutual attraction may prove to be more than difficult… it may be impossible



This is what I think of the book.
This was a real feel good story about really nice people.
This is the first one of this series I have read but that didn't take anything away from this one. I am so going to have to read the rest of this series because I love all the people I met in this one and I want to know their history. The writing invites you in to the peoples lives and lets you fall in love with them.

This one is all about learning to be who you are and not what people think you should be, it is also about learning to live your life after loss. The emotions this story evokes are every deep and reading the story hurt a little but that was OK because it made me remember someone I lost. It is a credit to the author and his writing skill that he was able to do that and do it in a positive way. My only complaint would be that he is so good that I have to buy all these book now and that makes a dent in my wallet ;)



My Rating:PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket I LOVED this!!





Photobucket