Pages

Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Review: The Rebuilding Year by Kaje Harper

The Rebuilding YearTitle: The Rebuilding Year
Author: Kaje Harper
Genre: Same sex Contemporary Romantic Suspense.
Part of a series: No
Publisher: Samhain Publishing, Ltd.
Release Date: 6 March 2012
This book was: My own e-book


This is the summary off the back of the book.
A few excruciating minutes pinned in a burning building cost Ryan Ward his job as a firefighter, the easy camaraderie of his coworkers, his girlfriend, and damn near cost him his left leg. Giving up, though, isn’t an option. Compared to the alternative, choosing a new profession, going back to school, and renting a room from the college groundskeeper are simple.

Until he realizes he’s falling in love with his housemate, and things take a turn for the complicated.

John Barrett knows about loss. After moving twice to stay in touch with his kids, he could only watch as his ex-wife whisked them away to California. Offering Ryan a room seems better than rattling around the empty house, but as casual friendship moves to something more, and a firestorm of emotions ignites, the big old house feels like tight quarters.

It’s nothing they can’t learn to navigate, though. But when dead bodies start turning up on campus—and one of the guys is a suspect—their first taste of real love could go up in smoke.



This is what I think of the book.
This is a gentle love story that has a bit of suspense thrown in for good measure and I have to admit it worked like a charm.
The relationship between Ry and John took centre stage and was a real pleasure to watch is not only grow but flourish with an honesty that made me smile. The author was able to really draw me into this relationship and make me care about them. I have to say though I didn't feel like their story was finished I felt a little like this was book 1 and there was more to say so lets hope the author feels the same!!





My Rating:PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket I really liked this!




Photobucket