Pages

Friday, April 06, 2012

Review: The Tin Star by J.L. Langley

The Tin Star (Ranch Series, #1)Title: The Tin Star
Author: J.L. Langley
Genre: Same Sex Contemporary Romantic Suspense
Part of a series: Yes ranch #1
Publisher: Loose ID
Release Date: January 2006
This book was:  My own e-book

This is the summary off the back of the book.
James Killian learns the hard way that smaller towns are full of bigots. When he comes out to his father he is not only kicked out of his home but off the Quadruple J where he works as the ranch foreman. With nowhere to go and little money, his savior comes in the unlikely form of his older brother’s best friend, the man he’s been in love with for over half his life.

Ethan Whitehall is a successful rancher and a well respected man in his community. His ranch the Tin Star has been in Ethan’s family for generations and affords him a certain prestige and power in the small town he calls home. Ethan knows without a doubt that all of that could shatter if his sexual orientation were to ever become public. But when he learns his best friend’s younger brother’s banishment and the reasons behind it, Ethan can’t help but get involved. He’s always had a soft spot where Jamie Killian was concerned, and it may very well be his downfall


This is what I think of the book.
Holy Moly this was a good read!! It was hot in all the right places and kept me reading late into the night.
This book grabbed me by the heart and will stay with me for a long time, the fact that Jamie coming out has such extreme reactions made it real for me. The emotional roller-coaster that this book took me on had me laughing and crying and at time fanning myself due to the heat coming off the page and I will be getting book 2 and hoping that we see lots of the cop in that one!!




My Rating:PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket I LOVED this!!






Photobucket