Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

Blood Prince by Stormy Glenn is a bloody good read.

Blood Prince (Wolf Creek Pack, #4)
Title: Blood Prince
Author: Stormy Glenn
Publisher: Siren Publishing.
Release Date: 22 June 2010

This is the summary off the back of the book.
To uphold peace between werewolves and vampires, Devlin Morgan, werewolf, must return the body of a deceased vampire princess to her coven. When he arrives he discovers Prince Zacarius Ivinovav, the ruling prince and brother of the vampire princess. The attraction between the two men is instant, but their love is forbidden. Vampires and werewolves have been enemies for nearly 500 years, ever since the Great War. But Devlin and Zacarius are unable to fight their desire for each other and eventually give in. They're torn by their emotions, but they'll have to work things out in time to save Zacarius from a violent stranger. Can they ever be together, or will the animosity between werewolves and vampires lead to the end of their mating.


This is what I think of the book.
I have to admit I wasn't sure if adding vampires to the mix of this series would work,
but I am happy to say I was wrong, it works just fine. It gives the series a whole new dynamic and lots more hot men to pant over.

The theme of this instalment was prejudice and how old wife's tales are thought of as truth when there has been conflict and no interaction. It was also about how leadership can dictate how the rest of the population feels when it is a tight knit community. The fact that both the werewolf and the vampire leaders both want peace and see the other side as people not the enemy makes the whole situation about tolerance. Don't get me wrong this is a fun read and sexy as well but that doesn't mean it cant have a social conscience and this one has it in spades.

Where did I get this book? This is my own e-book.

My Rating: PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket I really liked this.









Photobucket