Pages

Monday, January 09, 2012

Christmas in Lucky Harbor: Simply Irresistible/The Sweetest Thing by Jill Shalvis is a laugh out load book not to be missed.

Where did I get this book? I got this free as an ARC from Netgalley

Christmas in Lucky Harbor: Simply Irresistible/The Sweetest ThingChristmas in Lucky Harbor: Simply Irresistible/The Sweetest Thing by Jill Shalvis

My rating: PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket I LOVED this!!




This is the summary off the back of the book
Love awaits you in Lucky Harbor . . .

Simply Irresistible
After losing her boyfriend and her job, Maddie leaves L.A. to claim her inheritance-a ramshackle inn nestled in the little town of Lucky Harbor, Washington. She sees the potential for a new home and a new career-if she can give the inn the makeover it needs. Enter Jax, a tall, handsome contractor who knows exactly what Maddie needs...

The Sweetest Thing
Helping her sister set up the family inn is just the thing to make Tara forget her ex-husband and focus on her new life. Until she meets a sexy, green-eyed sailor determined to keep her hot, bothered, and in his bed. When her ex reappears, Tara must confront her past and decide what she really wants.

If the sisters are lucky, they might just find that everything their hearts desire is right here in Lucky Harbor

This is what  I think of the book.
Simply Irresistible.
This was a re-read for me and I still loved it.
There were so many laugh out loud moments that my family were looking at me as if I had finally lost the plot. This is a truly wonderful story about love and getting to know family. Watching Maddie and Jax opening up to each other was a treat and I am thrilled that book 2 is in with this one so I don't have to wait to find out what happens next.
The Sweetest Thing.
This was a tender tale that was a little frustrating because I wanted to shake Tara and Ford, lock them in a room and say sort your selves out. The addition of Logan into the mix I think was not necessary as the chemistry between Ford and Tara is so hot a third wheel is superfluous. Having said all of that this was a fantastic read and gave me so many laugh out loud moments that I would forgive this book almost anything.








Glitter Text Maker



Have you read this book?? What did you think? What rating would you give it?