Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Drink Deep by Chloe Neill was slow but the end made it readable.

Where did I get this book? I got this book from my local library.

Drink Deep (Chicagoland Vampires, #5)Title: Drink Deep
Author: Chloe Neill
Publisher: Gollancz Fiction
Release Date: Nov 2011

This is the summary off the back of the book.
Clouds are brewing over Cadogan House, and recently turned vampire Merit can't tell if this is the darkness before the dawn or the calm before the storm. With the city itself in turmoil over paranormals and the state threatening to pass a paranormal registration act, times haven't been this precarious for vampires since they came out of the closet. If only they could lay low for a bit, and let the mortals calm down.

That's when the waters of Lake Michigan suddenly turn pitch black-and things really start getting ugly.

Chicago's mayor insists it's nothing to worry about, but Merit knows only the darkest magic could have woven a spell powerful enough to change the very fabric of nature. She'll have to turn to friends old and new to find out who's behind this, and stop them before it's too late for vampires and humans alike.

This is what I think of the book.
If I am really honest I would not have finished this book had it not been for the fact I read the last page!
I wont spoil things but reading the last page of the book was such a 'what the f**k' moment it got me through the tedium of the plot. I felt left adrift for much of this book and I guess that was intended as that is how Merit feels for 95% of this instalment.

That frustration and feeling of not really engaging could back fire because the end is so worth it. Had it not been for the end this book would have only got a did not finish rather then the 3 rating it has. So my advice stick with it, read the last page of the book it will save the whole book for you!!







My Rating:PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket It was OK.








Photobucket