Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Escape Velocity by Anah Crow is speeding to the top of my best read list.

Where did I get this book? I got this e-book free as an ARC from netgalley.

Escape Velocity
Title: Escape Velocity
Author: Anah Crow
Publisher: Carina Press
Release Date: 02 Jan 2012

This is the summary off the back of the book.
Linguist Elios Campbell is thrilled to be granted flight time in a Colonial Guard fighter jet, until he catches sight of his pilot. Spending time with Sender Kinnison holds even more appeal than the flight itself.

Sender's desire for other men is forbidden by his faith and his family. He tries to resist his attraction to Elios, who is unlike anyone he's ever known. When he fails, the incredible sex quickly leads to something deeper, forcing Sender to question his long-held beliefs.

Then, duty calls Sender home to the repressed colony of Themis. Will he be forced to give up a future with Elios to honor the ghosts of his past?

This is what I think of the book.
I am officially a sap, I cried through out the second half of this book.
If I am honest I didn't want to like this book, because it deals with religion and I try to avoid those, but it won me over really quickly. I decided to read it because it has a couple of my favourite themes for a fantasy/scifi book, space pilots and man on man love.

This is a really passionate story of learning to be yourself with out guilt and duty. I liked that in this book you got two different view of religion. One very intolerant and how that can effect you when you don't fit the mould and the other is supportive so there is no strict mould. this gave the story a whole different dynamic and emotional backdrop that really effected me. if this is how this authors book are in general then I will be looking out for more but keeping hankies at the ready!!



My Rating:PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket I LOVED this!!










Photobucket