Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sex, Lies and Surveillance by Stephanie Julian was not for me.

Sex, Lies and Surveillance
Title: Sex, Lies and Surveillance
Author: Stephanie Julian
Publisher: Carina Press
Release Date: 16 Jan 2012

This is the summary off the back of the book.
Janey DeMarco would love to have a sex life—and she has a serious crush on the new guy in her office. As manager for her family's P.I. firm, she knows an office romance would end in disaster. Not only are her parents former spies, but her older brothers are tall, dark and overly protective. Still, a little sex would go a long way to reducing her stress levels, and the man is hot...

NSA operative Mal Laughlin has been sent undercover to find a link between the DeMarcos and the gun smugglers who killed his partner. Unfortunately, the only evidence points to the woman who's making him hot, hard and ready—Janey.

Convinced Mal is hiding something, Janey's determined to find out what. Can she do that while keeping her own secrets? Janey and Mal plot a course of seduction to uncover the truth about each other but when they're thrown together on a dangerous assignment, sensual meltdown is imminent and secrets are about to be revealed.

This is what I think of the book.
OK here is the thing, I got bored with this by chapter four.
I found, although I wanted to know if they had done something wrong, I could not bring myself to care enough to push through the boredom. I will admit to skipping forward to find out if he was on a wild goose chase.

I think my issues started with the reparation of the fact that the older DeMarcos are fine upstanding pillars of the spy world. My second issue was with Mal's character. He is supposed to be a geek so the author keeps saying he will blow his cover by being too alpha?? why cant a computer geek be alpha too?? I think that would have worked to make the heat work between Janey and Mal if he had been overtly alpha.  Anyway the upshot of all this is that I didn't finish this book, it really wasn't for me.

Where did I get this book? I got this e-book free as an ARC from Netgalley.

My Rating:Photobucket I didn't finish it.







Photobucket