Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Bear, Otter, and the Kid by T.J. Klune is perfection even on the second read through!

Bear, Otter, and the KidTitle: Bear, Otter, and the Kid
Author: T.J. Klune
Publisher: Dreamspinner Press
Release Date: 11 August 2011
Genre: Same Sex Contemporary Romance.
This book was: My own e-book (first read as an ARC from NetGalley)

Three years ago, Bear McKenna’s mother took off for parts unknown with her new boyfriend, leaving Bear to raise his six-year-old brother Tyson, aka the Kid. Somehow they’ve muddled through, but since he’s totally devoted to the Kid, Bear isn’t actually doing much living—with a few exceptions, he’s retreated from the world, and he’s mostly okay with that. Until Otter comes home.

Otter is Bear’s best friend’s older brother, and as they’ve done for their whole lives, Bear and Otter crash and collide in ways neither expect. This time, though, there’s nowhere to run from the depth of emotion between them. Bear still believes his place is as the Kid’s guardian, but he can’t help thinking there could be something more for him in the world... something or someone.



This is what I think of the book.
This was the second time of read this book and let me tell you it is just as good the second time around.
Even though I knew what was coming it still blew me away. The first time I read this it had me laughing and crying sometimes at the same time but most of all it had me falling in love with Bear and Ty. The book lost absolutely nothing with the second reading either. I found I was trying to read it slower at one point because I knew what was coming and I knew it was going to hurt to read it but I couldn't not read it.

The whole book is like having the story told to you by Bear and this draws you right into the heart of the story and makes you feel like you are part of the family. I was moved beyond words the first time I read this and it happened again this time. T J Klune has promised a second book and I for one am holding him to that.



My Rating:Photobucket




small blueThank you for reading my reviewsmall blue