Pages

Thursday, February 09, 2012

The Darkest Secret by Gena Showalter revealed it's secrets and made me want more.

The Darkest Secret (Lords of the Underworld, #7)Title: The Darkest Secret
Author: Gena Showalter
Publisher: Harlequin
Release Date: 29 March 2011
This book was: From my local Library


This is the summary off the back of the book.
Keeper of the demon of Secrets, Amun can manipulate the darkest thoughts of anyone nearby. But when new demons possess him, the immortal warrior must be chained and isolated to protect those he loves. Death is his only hope of release—until he meets Haidee, a fellow prisoner whose beauty and hidden vulnerability draw him into a reckless test of his loyalty…

Haidee is an infamous demon assassin, raised to despise Amun’s kind. Yet how can she hate the man whose touch sets her aflame? But to save him, she must give herself body and soul…and face the wrath of a powerful adversary sworn to destroy her


This is what I think of the book.
I really loved this one, it was just as good as the other books in the series. I was a little worried as I didn't like the book before this one but I really felt like this one was back to how the first few of books made me feel. The dynamic between Amun and Haidee was fascinating to watch and to see her finding the truth of what happened to her was beautiful and sad.

These books always bring out strong emotional responses in me and this one was no different. I was crying by the end of the book and wanted to see Amun to get his revenge on the angel, (that's as near to a spoiler as I will get). The set up for the next book was great to watch too and I will be reading that book very very soon!







My Rating:PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket I really liked this!





Photobucket