Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

Designed for Death by Jean Harrington is one fabulous who done it!!

Designed for DeathTitle: Designed for Death
Author: Jean Harrington
Publisher: Carina Press
Release Date: 2 January 2012
This book was: Free as an ARC from NetGalley


This is the summary off the back of the book.
An Eye for Detail, a Nose for Trouble

Interior designer Deva Dunne's latest project comes to a screeching halt when blood on the carpet leads her to the body of her client, an exotic dancer with a mysterious past. But the murdered woman is not the only resident of the posh beachfront condominium with secrets, and investigating officer Lieutenant Victor Rossi considers them all suspects.

Though wary of working in the killer's midst, Deva continues decorating the unit for the new owner. When she stumbles upon clues that might help crack the case, she can't resist doing a little digging of her own, despite Rossi's orders to quit meddling. Now, she's juggling the investigation, her career and sexy neighbor Simon Yaeger, who seems interested in more than her etchings.

Deva can't help but be flattered by all the male attention—that is, until she realizes the killer has designs on her, too...


This is what I think of the book.
Wow what a fantastic read!! This little book kept me guessing right to the last chapter.
This was a classic who done it with Miss Marple's place being taken by Deva, and while she doesn't try to be a detective she just cant leave the puzzle alone and that is what kept it believable for me. It wasn't a woman trying to solve a murder as much as a woman trying to get her life back in control and finding who killed Treasure was Deva trying to over come the fear finding the body instilled in her.

I have to say I found myself telling off the characters in this book a couple of times. That's when you now you are reading a good story when you talk out loud to them, either that or I am loosing my marbles. I was a little sceptical at first with this story being told in the first person, as I tend to struggle with them especially if the you swap from one person's perspective to the other. But this worked because it was just told through Deva's eyes. I will be looking out for more by this author and hope maybe to see more of Deva too, maybe see if she is on her way to Hawaii!






My Rating:PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket I LOVED this!!





Photobucket