Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Love Means... Courage by Andrew Grey and this is a courageous book

Love Means... Courage (Farm, #2)Title: Love Means... Courage
Author: Andrew Grey
Publisher: Dreamspinner Press
Release Date: October 2009
This book was: My own e-book

This is the summary off the back of the book.
Len Parker is laid off during the recession in the early eighties and decides to go back to college at home in rural Michigan, where he reconnects with his best friend from high school, Ruby. He's overjoyed when she marries Cliff Laughton and overcome with sorrow when she dies an untimely death, leaving behind her husband and two-year-old son.

Out of work again, Len finds a job at Cliff Laughton's sorely neglected farm. Cliff is still mourning his wife, struggling to raise his son, and has little enthusiasm or energy left for work. Len immediately begins to whip the farm—including the two Laughtons—into shape. Working side by side, Len and Cliff grow ever closer, but loving another man takes a lot of courage. They'll have to stand together as they face faltering business, threatening drought, misguided family, and Midwestern prejudices to protect what might be a lifelong love.



This is what I think of the book.
I wasn't going to read this one just because it is the prequel to the first book and I didn't see the need. How wrong was I,
once I read a bit more about Len I wanted to know about Cliff too. I really do identify with this story as I was a teenager in the early 80s too trying to work out my sexuality thinking I couldn't be gay because I liked girlie girls and I was a girlie girl. All the gay couples I had seen where comprised of a butch and a fem. It took me years to get in my head that I didn't have to be a stereotype, so for me this story hit home and I loved it and I can honestly say it was a really honest representation of the time and one I will be recommending to everyone who will listen!!





My Rating:PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket I LOVED this!!



Photobucket