Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

Review: Clouds and Rain by Zahra Owens

Clouds and RainTitle: Clouds and Rain
Author:  Zahra Owens
Genre: Same Sex Contemporary Romance.
Part of a series: Yes, The Wranglers #1
Length: 250 pages.
Publisher: Dreamspinner Press
Release Date: 7 February 2011
This book was: My own e-book
Flynn Tomlinson has drifted for several years, working odd jobs when he needs the money and moving on when he doesn’t. He’s content with his freestyle life, not tied down, not responsible for anyone but himself. Then he comes across a Help Wanted ad in a post office in Idaho and meets Gable Sutton. Gable can’t pay Flynn until he sells his horses, but a serious accident has left him unable to work his ranch alone.

Working with horses beats stacking shelves at the supermarket, and so Flynn agrees to Gable’s terms. What Flynn doesn’t bargain for is being captivated by this gentle, lonely man who captures his heart and moves Flynn to take on an incredible burden: saving Gable’s ranch.

My review.

This is a sweet story of 2 men falling in love and then trying to make it work as life throws them a curve ball.
This was not anything spectacular but it was sweet, I liked the relationship progression and will look for more books by this author when I want an easy read. Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with an easy read but I like to feel a little more engaged with the characters, for me this just coasted along and didn't stir any emotions for me. I really didn't care overly much so all in all an OK story that had the potential to be a great story but I still liked it.



My Rating:

Photobucket


small blueThank you for reading my reviewsmall blue