Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Review: Taste of Love by Andrew Grey

Taste of LoveTitle: Taste of Love
Author: Andrew Grey
Genre: Same Sex Contemporary Romance.
Part of a series: Yes, Love #1
Length: 199 Pages.
Publisher: Dreamspinner Press
Release Date: 8 November 2010
This book was: My own e-book
The lunch rush at Darryl Hansen's restaurant, Cafe Belgie, is getting to be too much for one man to handle, and Billy Weaver is a young man in search of a job-any job-to support his family. Billy gains Darryl's respect with his earnest nature and willingness to work hard, but Billy's admiring looks resurrect pain and shame from Darryl's past. Until Darryl stumbles across Billy's secret, Billy is suffering in silence: his father died a few months earlier, leaving him struggling to raise his twin five-year-old brothers. Darryl takes Billy and the boys to the restaurant, where they'll stand together to face the smorgasbord of troubles in their future... while Davey, Donnie, and Billy all worm their way into Darryl's heart.


My review

I have read everything Andrew Grey has written that I can get my grubby little paws on and I have to say there is a subtlety to this book that I have not seen in his other work.
This was a slow seduction of the senses and a beautiful opener to this series. The red hot love story that I have come to expect is still there but there is a sense of restraint that is not usually apparent in Andrew Grey work but it fits this story like a glove. It is almost as if while writing this Andrew Grey found a new level of emotion and then painted it for us to see here, and I look forward to reading the rest of the books in this series if this is the tone he is setting for these ones. I have made it clear to anyone who will listen that I love Andrew Greys work and this one just reinforces my love for his talent.



My Rating:
Photobucket



















MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected