Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Review: Touch Me Gently by J.R. Loveless

Touch Me GentlyTitle: Touch Me Gently
Author: J.R. Loveless
Genre: Same Sex Contemporary Romance.
Part of a series: No.
Publisher: Dreamspinner Press
Release Date: 3 September 2010
This book was: My own e-book.

This is the summary off the back of the book.
Always hiding his tormented past along with his scarred body, Kaden James finds it difficult to keep a job. Luck finally turns his way when he finds a job as a cook on a Montana ranch, where he meets terrifyingly handsome Logan Michaels. Logan is different from any man Kaden's ever met, and before long, he finds himself falling in love with the big cowboy.But Kaden's nightmares won't let go of him so easily, and he's not just jumping at shadows. He has nearly a lifetime of abuse, horrifying memories, and pain addiction to overcome. Can Logan's gentle touch help Kaden heal inside?


This is what I think of the book.
This was a hauntingly beautiful tale of love and trust that had me reaching for the tissues more then once.
I fell in love with Kaden, who while very damage by his past, was so sweet. Reading the opening paragraphs I thought that this book was going to rip out my heart and stomp all over it and you know what I was right but for a different reason then I thought. I was expecting a horror story pretending to be a love story but what I got was an observation of a damaged man falling in love. Don't get me wrong there are points in the story where I had to stop reading and take a stiff drink in order to continue but the horror of Kaden's early life was dealt with in a compassionate way allowing you to be outraged by it without it overshadowing the love story that unfolds in front of us. This is not for the faint hearted and will make you hold your breath and, if your that way inclined, pray but it is so worth it!!



My Rating: PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket I really liked this.



Photobucket


MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected